The Grandmother Load!

So Grandma Becky kindly offered to pick up a few things for our upcoming school year.  You can imagine my surprise then, when the mailman delivered 5 packages yesterday.   The kids were very patient waiting for me to take a picture of them with all of their unopened goodies, you can see they're thrilled to be waiting.  :)
 After everything was opened, I went to lay Lettie down for her nap, and when I came back this is what I saw.
At first all I saw was the mess, and then, I realized here are my two little loves sitting and "reading" together.  It was a beautiful sight.  We made box opening even more educational by sorting all of our treasures into piles of like items, as you will see below.

Now, in case you're wondering what we got, and how we're going to use it all, here are some up close shots.  First up are our cookie cutters and rollers for play dough.  We make our own, and if anyone's interested in the recipe I'm happy to share.  This year we're going to be having a play dough to match our monthly school theme, and I'm very excited for that!
 Next we have animals for our letter boxes, and also for our science lessons.  We're going to be talking about penguins, turtles, otters, and pandas before we go to Sea World and the Zoo next week with Grandma and Grandpa.
 Here we have cute little wooden cutouts, that we will be using to talk about animals, and we'll also be using them to help us with our Five in a Row work this year.
 Finally we got books, currency, some flags, and a few souvenirs for our Continent Bags.  I am really excited to show you how they turn out.  I'm so happy so many of you are so excited to share things you have with my kiddos to help with their learning, thank you!!!
Finally, I just had to include this cute picture of Lettie, trying to open a package that I got from my sweet friend Heidi.
Inside, I was so excited to find books for doll patterns, and doll clothes that I can start making...  After I finish one other project that I'll show you soon.  In case you don't know, Heidi was one of my midwives for Lettie's birth, and she is so amazing!!!  I can't even put into words how wonderful she was with me.  Every appointment she would let Bitsie measure my tummy, and use the doppler to get Lettie's heartbeat.  She is a truly amazing lady!  If you are back in the Virginia and looking for a doula, you can look Heidi up here.  I highly recommend her. 

bwrightbrizee  – (July 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM)  

LOL - the look on their faces while they were waiting is tooo funny. Hope Steve can figure out where all the money came from - some of the coins I'm not sure about!!! Love you guys
Grandmommy

Amy Thibodeaux  – (July 2, 2011 at 10:10 AM)  

They are so cute. I'm so super psyc'ed about the blog. I was just bragging to my mom about you yesterday.
Love y'all,
Amy :)

Abby  – (July 12, 2011 at 1:17 AM)  

Amy, Thanks! I'm glad you dropped by.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP