My Husband

Ok, so I wasn't planning on posting again so soon, but I just couldn't wait to brag, I mean share, my latest school room addition.  But first, a story.  This weekend my sweet husband took me to Ikea, because I've been on an organizational kick, and really, who doesn't love Ikea?  While we were there I saw this cute magnetic board, and thought it would be really great if it was a chalkboard too, so I could write notes, and store papers.  My sweet husband says to me, "Well, why don't I just make you one?  I can have it done tonight."  Now, I know what you're thinking, it's Wednesday, he obviously didn't have it done that night, but you're wrong...  He did in fact have my magnet board made that night, and after our acquisition of chalkboard paint last night he completed my board this morning.  Are you ready??  Here it is!

Isn't it beautiful?  Can you believe he made it out of broken chair legs, and a piece of sheet metal he had in the garage?  How lucky am I to have such a handy man around?  

Since this post is all about my sweet husband, I'll share some more pictures of him with the little ones during school this week.
 
Bitsy decided she wanted to build a raft, and would not be deterred until daddy helped her.  Of course, Manly couldn't see someone using tools, and not get in on the fun, so it became a family building project.  The raft became a surf board in the pool today, but she stopped riding the waves before I could get the camera out.


 This summer the base library summer reading program is called "Joust Read" so we have been reading about knights, and princesses, and of course castles. My sweet children came in and said that daddy was going to help them build a castle.  Of course I thought of some lovely little wood block construction, so you can imagine my surprise when they told me to come outside to see this. 
(Apparently Bitsy was concerned I was going to siege the castle.)  :)
                                

Here is the completed beauty, with mote, secret passageway, two sleeping wings, and a standard.  (The raft also made an excellent drawbridge.)  Unfortunately the castle was sieged by its' own owners today, and is no longer with us, but those picture will have to wait for another day.

And, because I received complaints that little Lettie was not included in the last post, here she is helping Manly explore this month's sensory bin.

bwrightbrizee  – (June 23, 2011 at 8:22 PM)  

You do indeed have a most marvelous husband!! I'm glad to see that the Princess wore her crown in the castle - only proper thing to do. :-)) Looks like Lettie likes exploring with all of her senses.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP