4th of July

I realize I'm a few days late, and I really debated whether to post about our 4th at all, but something just keeps nagging at me to do it.  

We had a lovely 4th of July on the beach with several of the other military members of our Church.  And while we did the normal things of having a barbecue and playing in the sand and waves, what truly struck me about the day was seeing God's hand in it.  Part of the reason we were with several other families was to say goodbye to some of our friends who were moving to Japan.  We knew them when we were stationed in 29 Palms about seven years ago, and were sad to say goodbye again, but as our day went by we were so excited to see other friends from our time in 29 Palms who have just moved here.  What a blessing to say goodbye to one family, and hello to another.  We also found out that day that a dear friend is expecting her 4th little bundle of joy, and that this sweet little child will join us in this world just a few weeks after her husband returns from Afghanistan.  This will be the first time he will be present for the birth of one of his children.  In addition to all of this, two days before the 4th while we were at the zoo we ran into friends from our time in Quantico, and were able to meet their two sweet children.  When we parted ways in Virginia she was just expecting their first, and now they have been blessed with two.

So what do all of these reunions, goodbyes, and babies have to do with the 4th of July?  It would be easy to say that these were all coincidences, or just good luck, but I truly believe that these experiences were to show me God's hand in all of our lives.  He places people in our lives, and shows us experiences so we can acknowledge Him.  As we celebrate and ponder the 4th of July, we would be remiss if we did not acknowledge His hand in the establishment of this great country.  Even the most basic look into the lives of those who founded this country shows that they were men who believed in and feared God.  I am grateful that these men followed God and His direction, so that we have this country in which we are free to worship Him.  I am also grateful that just as He led individuals in the establishment of this country, He can and will lead me in my life.  

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP