Sensory Bin

Each month I'm going to create a Sensory bin for the little ones to go along with our monthly theme, and I got the idea for making a batch of play dough to go along with the theme over at Counting Coconuts.  I have to admit, I really loved her Fourth of July glitter dough, so I made a batch up.  The kids love the homemade play dough, and if you want our recipe I'm happy to post it.  So, without further ado, here is last month's Summer Fun bin, that I forgot to post sooner.
 
I died some rice blue with food coloring, and blue shells I got from Target for the base, and then added some bouncy balls, rubber duckies, a boat, some beaded necklaces, and some watermelon, lemon, and lime erasers.  There were also two sticky frogs in blue and green that camouflaged in, they liked searching for.  The kids each had a spoon and I put a dolphin in for them to scoop things into.  Bitsy loved just digging around, but Manly loved filling that dolphin and emptying him over and over again.
 I have to admit, I really like this month's Patriotic bin.  I left the blue rice in, and added some glittery red, white, and blue pom poms, with beaded necklaces, and confetti stars.  I found the red and blue glittery birds, and the windmills on sale at Michael's, and the wooden stars at Pier 1.  I added the cupcake holders for them to scoop things into, and I'll add in a few spoons before I give it to them the first time.
 I already had red and blue play dough made up, so all I had to make up was the glitter dough.  We'll use the star cookie cutters to play with the dough, and to practice size sequencing.
Happy 4th of July!!!!

Cheerios and Lattes  – (July 6, 2012 at 12:13 AM)  

I love this sensory bin! Thank you for sharing with us on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll join us again this week!
-Mackenzie
http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP