Muffin Tin Meal

Last week in conjunction with our reading of "How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World" we had a muffin tin apple sampling.
I went to the store and got one of every variety they had on hand.  In the top left and right we have Granny Smith, the middle top is Red Delicious, the bottom left and right are Fuji, and the bottom middle is a Gala.  The kids liked comparing the sizes, and we talked about how the Fuji and Granny Smith were so big they needed two spots, and Bitsy surprised me by noticing that there were more slices of the Red Delicious then the Gala, so the Gala must have been the bigger of the two, but it was still smaller than the Fuji and Granny Smith.  All of that from apples in a muffin tin!
Check out Muffin Tin Mom for more of these fun meals.

Sugary Flower  – (August 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM)  

That's pretty cool. My girl likes trying different types of apples, too.

Samantha  – (August 15, 2011 at 11:51 AM)  

So great! I love it when so many things are learned/absorbed so naturally. I'm going to borrow this next week when we do How to see an apple pie and see the world! Hope that's ok.

JDaniel4's Mom  – (August 15, 2011 at 1:04 PM)  

I am hoping to take JDaniel to an orchard gather apples to test.

Abby  – (August 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM)  

Samantha, I'm glad you liked the idea, I hope your little ones have as much fun as we did! The whole apple pie week was a lot of fun for us.

Felicity  – (August 16, 2011 at 1:13 AM)  

What a brilliant concept for big and little kids alike!

Happy day!

xx felicity

Michelle, Muffin Tin Mom  – (August 17, 2011 at 4:13 AM)  

what a fabulous learning experience! I just love this! posting it to my pinterest.com board, if that's okay. :)

Abby  – (August 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM)  

Michelle, I'm so glad you liked, I'm happy to have you share.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP