General Conference- Children's Activities

Last night was the first session of our Church's semi-annual General Conference.  This session was for the Relief Society, which is the women 18 and older.  It was amazing!  One of our leaders reminded us to forget not that the Lord loves us, to be patient with ourselves, to be happy now, to remember the why of the Gospel, and the difference between good and foolish sacrifices.  Jocelyn over at We Talk of Christ, and Cocoa at Chocolate on my Cranium have both created beautiful handouts to remind us of that lesson.  I'm so grateful to these two ladies for their efforts, because now I have beautiful reminders up in my home!

Now, next weekend we will have the remainder of our Conference.  This means we will watch our Prophet and Apostles for four hours on Saturday and Sunday.  It is broken up into two two hour sessions each day.  Daddy is going to be working, so I will be home with the three little ones, and I've been working on ideas to help the kiddos stayed entertained but reverent.

First, I printed off these files over at Oopsey Daisy to make a file folder game, and Bingo cards.

 Then I went over to A Little Tipsy and printed off the "Reader's Request" Temple file to make this file folder game.
I also made up this file folder game after seeing it over at We Talk of Christ.
I've also printed off the Nursery and Junior Primary packets over at Sugardoodle, and some of the different activities at the Church website.

In addition to that I was inspired by Jocelyn's Conference Wall, and I'm planning on putting one up for us as well, and we'll be having snickers and kisses.  (I couldn't find hugs at the store.)

For all of the coloring and game activities I'll be putting our card table up in the living room so Manly and Bitsy can work without Lettie trying to explore everything.  I'm hoping this will keep some of the shrieking to a minimum.  I will also be letting them use their Sunday box activities, but that is really a whole additional post.  (Maybe later this week.)  In the past we've put up a tent in the living room, but the living room in this house is a little small, so I'm going to stretch a sheet across the living room as our tent, because if we don't pretend like we're Nephites listening to the Prophet there WILL be MUTINY! 

My last obstacle to tackle is food.  Because I only have two hours between sessions, that will involve feeding everyone, napping, and nursing I am on the lookout for overnight breakfast solutions, and lunches and dinners that I can cook in the crockpot.  So do you have any wonderful ideas for me?  We eat just about everything, so PLEASE share!

Alison@Oopsey Daisy  – (September 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM)  

Thanks so much for including my games in your roundup of great ideas! Enjoy your Conference weekend!!

Abby  – (September 26, 2011 at 4:40 PM)  

My Sister Jessie wanted to share this recipe but couldn't get it to post, so I'm doing it for her.

Puffed Pancake
6 tablespoons butter

Put this in the pan in the oven at 400 and start melting

6 eggs (beat these thoroughly and then stir in the other ingredients)
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
Pinch salt (I normally leave this out because the butter usually is enough)

Pour mixture into the center of the pool of melted butter (do not mix!) and bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges start to brown.

Sounds delicious, thanks Jessie!

Jocelyn Christensen  – (September 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM)  

Oh, wow!! You are super prepared! I want to come watch Conference at YOUR house! :) hee hee! Love all of the packets you printed and made for your kids. I've got to do a few of those!!! :) Love ya! - Jocelyn

fhelessons  – (October 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM)  

Great collection of ideas and links!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP