Rainbow Muffin Tin Meal

To go along with our rainbow theme for the month, this week we had a fruit and vegetable muffin tin meal.  I had it all made up in the kitchen and Bitsy came in, looked at it, and said, "Oh mom, that's so cool."  That made for a happy mommy!
For vegetables we had corn, tomatoes, baby carrots, snap peas, eggplant, and zucchini slices.  (I couldn't come up with a blue vegetable, but if anyone knows of one I'd love to hear about it.)  In our fruit tray we had strawberries, orange slices, pineapple, grapes, blueberries, and kiwi. 

The only thing that wasn't well received was the eggplant, and to be honest raw, it was pretty bitter.  I think next time I would cook it with a little olive oil or butter, that makes everything taste better, right?

Check out other muffin tin meals at Muffin Tin Mom.

JDaniel4's Mom  – (September 19, 2011 at 4:02 PM)  

What wonderful tins! I love eggplant cooked with olive oil. I have never tried it raw.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP