Words, Words, Words

So, a few weeks ago I came across this BRILLIANT idea, and I decided I had to make my own.  See, Bitsy is so good at memorizing, that it's hard to tell whether she is reading, or memorizing, and with these cute little word cards, now I can tell.  It was be easy to tell you just to do what this momma did, but that wouldn't involve pictures, and since I made my slightly differently, I wouldn't be able to tell you what I did.

First, I went to a store that sells paint, and relieved them of some of those pretty little paint sample cards that they have.  I got 7 of these cards that have 4 colors, and are slightly wider, and 12 of the cards that have three colors, and a whole.
 Then, because I didn't want the color names as a distraction, and because I'm a like all of my cards to be the same, I cut off the rounded edges, and made two strips for the consonants to be written on.
 Here are all of our beginning word sounds.  You can get the whole list over at The Snail's Trail.
 Gratefully the store I went to had these cards that already had a whole cut out, but you could use a paper punch if you needed to.  Again, I trimmed part of the color name off, but not all of it, because I didn't want it to tear.
 And voila!  Our very own word strips.
This whole project, even with all of the cutting I did took me about fifteen minutes, and now I have over 500 words for Bitsy to practice reading.  She loves the colors, and I love that even if she is memorizing, I still get the result I want... READING!!  (Plus, it was a fun crafty project for Momma to work on.)  :)

Jocelyn Christensen  – (September 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM)  

These are so cool! I'd love to be on your blog list too if you get a chance! Thank you! http://beinglds.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP