Checking In

Today is Day 16 of our 28 day "Book of Mormon" challenge.  So, how are we all doing?  Are you still with me?  I want to share a thought from Alma to keep us all inspired:
"And now as I said concerning faith-faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen which are true."
There are always days and time when doing what the Lord wants is hard, but for me taking part in this challenge has been an opportunity to hope for things which I can't see, but I know the Lord has prepared for me.  I have complete faith that as we each continue on in this study of the "Book of Mormon", however the Lord has impressed you to do it, there will be blessings poured out that we never could have imagined.

Now, before I go, in an attempt to get some of you to share your wonderful experiences, so we can all be uplifted, I wanted to share an experience I had today as I was reading Alma 33:11.  Alma is teaching those who want to believe in Christ about prayer, and he says, in part, "I will cry unto thee in all mine afflictions, for in thee is my joy for thou hast turned thy judgments away from me, because of thy Son."

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have had the Lord answer my prayers, and I can't tell you the number of times He has sent me great joy when I was in deep distress.  I can tell you that today as I read that scripture the Lord showed me just how I can find joy in Him even in my afflictions.  

My sweet husband is away for a few days, and we have what I call "Newton's Law of Deployment".  Essentially the way it works is that despite your best efforts, any time my husband leaves for more than 24-48 hours, something inconvenient, or down right bad is going to happen, and I'm going to be left to fix it.  

Just before my husband left he went to three different stores, and had to take apart part of the front end of our van just to replace a headlight for me.  Today as I took my mother in-law to the airport I discovered the other one has gone out.  I started to grumble, I started to feel frustrated and discouraged, I mean seriously, how could this be happening?  (The headlight was really just a tipping point.)  

I realized I needed to pray NOW.  I had every intention of telling the Lord that I was doing my best, that I was trying hard, and if just one thing could be a little easier I would sure appreciate it.  I stopped, and thought about Alma, and instead, I thanked the Lord.  I thanked Him for trusting me to be able to handle the situation, and I thanked Him for my sweet husband who does so much to provide for me and protect me.  I thanked Him for using the scriptures to change my heart.

Please feel free to share your experiences with "The Book of Mormon" with us, and if you are interested in learning more, read here, or email me and I'm happy to send you a free copy.

And, if you need some additional inspiration, PLEASE head here.  This is an AMAZING series about how the King James Bible came to be.  I watched it with my mother in-law last night, and I learned so much.  I really cannot recommend it highly enough, it is really inspirational.  The first episode is already available, and the remaining two can be seen on-line on Monday Oct. 24, and Monday Oct. 31.  Enjoy!

Jocelyn Christensen  – (October 19, 2011 at 1:38 PM)  

right on! stopping to thank the Lord for our small afflictions...yet another benefit and piece of wisdom afforded us because of The Book of Mormon! Thank you!!

Christy  – (October 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM)  

Wonderful how the scriptures can change our perspective!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP