Fall Button Snake

I don't know if I've mentioned this before or not but, I LOVE FALL!!!  It is my favorite season, although I'm pretty partial to winter if there's snow...  Anyhow, one of the more discouraging things about living in Southern California is the decided lack of seasons.  There's sunny, and there's cloudy, so I've decided to take things into my own hands, and create some fall!

I've got a lot of fall activities in mind, but this is one of the first I've finished.  It is just like our regular button snake, except I found some pretty fall ribbon and inexpensive silk leaves at Joann's.  

I sewed a carrying handle on the one end, and since the leaves don't stretch the way the felt did, it makes a perfect stop.  On the other end is a cute button from my button jar.  I just folded the leaves in half and cut a small slit so they go on the ribbon.  

The little ones love carrying it around.  They also enjoy taking the leaves off and making them "fall" all over the house.  When they're done, we practice buttoning, and it's made a huge difference for Manly.  

Another bonus, it is small enough to fit into one of our activity pack bags, so it is a great toy for on the go!

Linking to:

JDaniel4's Mom  – (November 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM)  

This is a super cute idea! I would love for you to link it to my Thanksgiving Link Up! http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-traditions-link-up.html

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP