Feel the Power

Okay, here we are, getting ready to start day 5 of our Book of Mormon reading, and I have to tell you, I can't believe what a blessing this has been.  I have had some amazing insights in the scriptures, and some pretty great things happen in my life.  I can't even begin to imagine what else the Lord has in store this month!  I also wanted to tell you how excited I am that so many of you have joined me, I feel such a sense of unity, and I am really looking forward to hearing your insights, so please leave a comment and share them!  (If you have thoughts you want to share, but you aren't able to comment for some reason, please email me at alrawlins at msn dot com and I will be happy to post them so we can all learn together.)

I'm sure you're wondering what my husband climbing a rope wall has to do with the Book of Mormon, so I'll tell you.  The thing is my husband, he's one of the most amazing men I know, he's strong, he's smart, he can do some great things, and I just REALLY love him.  But there's someone who is stronger and wiser, then even my wonderful husband, and that is the Lord.  Today as I was reading, I was really struck by 2 Nephi 8:12-13:

"I am he; yea, I am he that comforteth you.  Behold, who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of man, who shall die, and of the son of man, who shall be made like unto grass?  And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth..."

It really made me think of how often I am afraid, and what a lack of faith that is.  The Lord created me, He created the heavens and earth, He parted the Red Sea, He helped Nephi build a boat so he could come to the promised land, and I think He might not be able to help me get through a my eighth move in eight years, or calm my home, or understand how I feel about something?  There is NO ONE more powerful than God.  It seems so silly to ever feel that way, and yet sometimes I forget how amazing my Heavenly Father really is.  As I have looked for His hand more lately, I have seen it, and I know that He has the power to do all things, and through His power, I am able to do all things. (1 Cor. 10:13)  Of course, the opposite is true, without Him I can't do much of anything, but I sure can wear myself out trying.  I'm grateful to have the Book of Mormon to remind me where the source of all strength comes from, whether we're climbing walls, or just trying to live our daily lives!

If you would like to learn more about the Book of Mormon, please let me know, I would love to send you one!  (And while you wait you can read more about it in this month's Ensign.)

Abby  – (October 7, 2011 at 12:39 AM)  

This is from Peggy, the mother of the amazing guy hanging on the ropes up there:

In my reading so far this week, one thing especially touched me even though I have read it many times. When the Lord came to Lehi to tell him to take his family and leave into the wilderness, he told him they were being blessed because of the things that Lehi had done. He was living the gospel, but he felt the call from the Lord to warn his neighbor, and he put forth much time and effort, risked his life in fact to put out a warning voice. He wasn't the only one warning the people, so he could have warned only his family and friends, but he followed the spirit and warned many people, and did all he could to spread the word. Because of all the he had done, not just thought about or prayed about, the Lord blessed him and his family.

Rissy & Spence  – (October 7, 2011 at 12:50 AM)  

Thanks Abbey for sharing ur testimony & ur life experience through ur blog keep up the great work in sharing gospel with all ur readers. Sincerely ur friend from salt lake, utah Marissa Nichols

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP