Pretzel Time

Saturday was a pretty gray day, and we were all feeling a little out of sorts by the afternoon.  While the little ones were napping I went over to see Jocelyn, and found these
 I was hungry immediately, and I knew that this was just what we needed to get out of our rut.  I briefly considered waking the children, but decided against it.  :)  As soon as they got up though, we were pretzel makers!
 We mixed, and kneaded.
We cut some pretzels bites, and rolled out our strips to form the big pretzels with.
And, of course, we had to clean up!  I let the little ones put all of our cooking supplies in the sink and "wash" them with a little soapy water while our pretzels rose.  Then we enjoyed our delicious pretzel and apple snack!

If you are into Montessori experiences at all, this is great! Kneading the dough was a total sensory experience, and washing the dishes is an excellent practical life skill. 

As much as I love to find the educational value in EVERYTHING, as we were working on these pretzels I thought back on the time my mom took me to a pretzel factory in Pennsylvania.  I'm so glad I took the time to turn our gray day into a day of family memories!  I hope Bitsy and Manly will remember it forever.

Jocelyn Christensen  – (October 25, 2011 at 1:49 PM)  

Oh that's WONDERFUL! i am SURE they WILL!!!

bwrightbrizee  – (October 26, 2011 at 8:05 AM)  

And we had to use our pretzel as the admission ticket - so we couldn't eat it all before the tour!!!!! :-))

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP