The Wise Man Built His House Upon a Rock

This morning as I was reading in Helaman I read, "Thus we may see that the Lord is merciful unto all who will, in the sincerity of their hearts call upon his holy name.  Yea, thus we see the gate of heaven is open unto all, even to those who will believe on the name of Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God."  Helaman 3:27-28

I also read, "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God; that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which you are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."  Helaman 5:12

I've mentioned before that one of my favorite scriptures is Doctrine and Covenants 88:119 in which the Lord says, "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God." 

This month as we have participated in service together as a family, as I have blogged about the Book of Mormon, and read it with a greater intensity I can honestly say that I have felt the power of these scriptures more than ever. 

There have been many times in which I have cried to the Lord with greater sincerity, that I have made our house a house of even greater prayer, and faith, and I have seen the Lord open the gates of heaven for me and for my little family.  Ideas came, peace came, and our house became a house of glory, as we celebrated in the goodness of God.

In all of that goodness Satan did not seem to want to be left out.  There were times when I felt fear.  Earlier this week I can say that I felt the greatest amount of discouragement I have felt in years.  But even though the devil sent for those winds, and hails, our house is a house of God.  He is our foundation, and in those moments of trial He has ALWAYS been there!  This home is a house of faith, and I know that as long as we continue to seek the Lord, He will ALWAYS be found.  

If you've been with me all month you've noticed several times that I mentioned our Daddy wasn't with us.  The truth is, he hasn't been home in between those times either.  He has had to be gone for some military training, and in anticipation of that we did the 30 days of service to keep us busy, as well as a countdown until our Daddy comes home. 

ALL of the things the Lord has led me to do this month have been for my benefit.  He wanted to open the gates of heaven for me, and for our family.  He gave me the chance to follow Him, He gave me the chance to put my will aside, and accept His instead.  I have been RICHLY blessed because of it.  I truly know that the power of the destroyer as passed over our home because I was willing to follow.

I am grateful for the truths of the Book of Mormon, and the blessings it brings.  I would love to share these blessings with you.  If you are interested in learning more PLEASE read this magazine!  You can also email me and I would love to send you a free copy of the Book of Mormon, or you can go here, and request a free copy of your own here.

I also recommend checking out some of the testimonies shared in this weeks Blog Hop!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP