Blessing Jar

Remember how I said I wanted to focus more on the giving thanks this holiday season?  Well, within a day of that, I saw this blessing box, and this Thanksgiving advent calendar, and of course, I was SOOO excited!  

The only problem was, both of these projects would take time to create, and by the time I got either of them done it would be pretty close to Thanksgiving, limiting our time to focus on our blessings.  Gratefully I was struck with a moment of inspiration, and I wanted to share it with you in case you wanted to make one up quickly!

I grabbed a wide mouth canning jar I had on the shelf, some Thanksgiving ribbon (I'm a ribbon junkie, I really can't pass a ribbon sale by), and some autumn colored scrapbook paper.  In about 10 minutes I had tied the ribbon around the top, and cut up some squares of paper for us to write our blessings on.  I left the lid off so the ribbon would stay, and to make it easier to add our blessings.

Each night as part of our evening devotional before bed, we are taking a few minutes to each write down something we are thankful for.  On Thanksgiving day we will pull our papers out and read them.  I am loving seeing our jar of blessings fill up already, and it's been beautiful to hear some of the things the children are thankful for.  I can't wait to feel the Spirit as we read them all on Thanksgiving day!  

Linking up to:

bwrightbrizee  – (November 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM)  

Like our jar of happy memories!! I was just reading them the other evening in the green room!! We have lot's of blessings, for sure

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP