Week In Review: Giving Thanks

The camera seemed to escape me this week, so I don't have a lot of pictures, but I will give you a brief review of what we did.  

We started our week with a lesson on civility, that was a lot of fun, and I wish I had pictures, but somehow I forgot to get some.  You can find the lesson and cutouts hereThe basic overview is that I blew up balloons, and put little paper faces on each one with some tape.  I read a description of each "person" based on their outer appearance, and how others treated them because of that appearance.  Then we popped the balloons, and inside was a little sheet of paper describing the person's spirit, and their longings toward heaven and others.  

The children were quick to pick up on the fact that our outer appearance isn't the best way to make decisions about a person.  We talked about how we are all Heavenly Father's children, no matter what we look like, so we should all be treated with kindness. 

Manly and I did a little autumn sequencing.  First I laid the cut outs in a line and he matched them up with the other set, then he decided to lay them out for me so I could match them. 
 One morning we made baked oatmeal for breakfast, and as I started to add the butter Manly got this gleam in his eye, and said, "OOOOHHHH, butter!  I love butter!"  That's my boy!  He is becoming quite a proficient little stirrer. 
We played a couple of games including this file folder game on prayer.  The little ones LOVED it.  We also did the gratitude riddles and gratitude questions found here after we talked about the ten lepers.  Bitsy and Manly were both surprised and disappointed that only one leper came back, and decided they wanted to always say thank you to God, and others for the gifts they receive.
 And I can't remember why my cute children were doing this, I think they were dancing, but maybe they were showing daddy how mommy runs around acting like a chicken with her head cut off sometimes.  It's hard to say!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP