25 Books of Christmas

Each day this month we are going to be reading a different Christmas book, and doing an activity to go along with the story instead of our regular school.  When we first decided to homeschool Steve and I agreed that December our other studies would be put aside, so we could focus more on Christmas, and the birth of our Savior.  This has been a huge blessing in our home!

I realize we are two days into the month, and I'm so sorry I didn't get this post up earlier, but I hope this will still benefit you in some way.  If nothing else, I guess it's an early start for next year!  :)

1. My First Story of the First Christmas by Deanna Draper Buck (Terracotta Nativity)
2. The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg (Hot Chocolate Mix)
3. Grandfather's Christmas Tree by Thomas Locker (Family History Booklets)
4. The Forgotten Carols: A Christmas Miracle for Isaac and Eliza by Michael McLean (Advent Wreath)
5. The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes by Deborah Pace Rowley (Secret Service)
6.Christmas in the Country by Cynthia Rylant and Diane Goode (Making Christmas Ornaments)
7. We Were There by Eve Bunting (Making Candles)
8. Snow Angels by Angel Randall (Snow Angel Cookies)
9. The Donkey's Dream by Barbara Helen Berger (Tissue Paper Flowers)
10. The Clown of God by Tomie dePaolo (Family Talent Show)
11. The Very First Christmas by Paul L. Maier (Decorating Wooden Stars)
12. Humphrey's First Christmas by Carol Heyer (Making Blankets)
13. Santa Mouse by Michael Brown (Making Mozzarella Cheese)
14. A Visit from St. Nicholas and Santa Mouse Too! by Clement C. Mouse (Tender Mercies Stocking)
15. A Christmas Dress for Ellen by Thomas S. Monson (Candy Making)
16. The Animals Christmas Eve by Gale Wiersum (King's Cake)
17. The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado (Spice Ornaments)
18. One Wintry Night by Ruth Bell Graham (Make Pie and Paper Snowflakes)
19. A Shepherd's Gift by Mary Calhoun (Shepherd's Crook Cookies)
20. Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner (Borax Snowflakes)
21. Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl Buck (Secret Service)
22. The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski (Muffin Tin Meal)
23. The Littlest Angel by Charles Tazewell (Angel Wings)
24. Christmas Oranges by Linda Bethers (Pomander)
25. Luke 2 (Sing Carols)

I will be posting about our daily activities at the end of the week in my "Week in Review" post, but I wanted to give you a general idea of what type of activities we will be doing with each story.

If you would like to see other book lists, check out Jocelyn's here (she has links at the bottom to her book and craft list from the past two years as well)!  Kendra over at "The Things I Love!" also shares her family's 25 Books tradition, as well as a fabulous Christmas countdown scripture chain as part of her "25 Days of Christmas" series.

Also, Amy Pak, from Homeschool in the Woods has generously allowed me to share a link to a free Christmas Unit Study that our family got a few years ago, and have LOVED!  You can find it in my "Putting Christ in Christmas" post.  It is one of my absolute favorites, and I'm thrilled she has allowed me to share it with you!

bwrightbrizee  – (December 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM)  

Yeah - I'm going to be there for the family talent show!!! :-))

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP