Homemade Cranberry Sauce

I promised one of my mom's that I would send her my cranberry sauce recipe just after Thanksgiving, and then promptly forgot to.  Oops...  

I thought I would share it here so it's easy to find, and so you can try it for Christmas dinner, if you're interested.  Sorry, I forgot to take a picture, but trust me, it's good!

You'll need:
  • 1 (12 oz) bag of cranberries
  • 1 3/4 cup of apple cider or juice
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 cinnamon sticks broken in half (If they're the Costco size ones, just use one and break it in 4 pieces)
  • 6 whole cloves
  • 1 bay leaf
Put everything in a large saucepan, and bring it to a boil at medium heat.  (It is helpful to tie the cloves in a little piece of cheesecloth, because they are VERY hard to find after the sauce has cooked.)  Simmer until the berries pop and the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.  I usually let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes, but cook it as long as you like to get the thickness you prefer.  Remove the cinnamon, cloves, and bay leaf, and refrigerate the rest of your sauce.

Enjoy!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP