Muffin Tin Taco Salad

I've gone months without a muffin tin meal, and now two weeks in a row!  This week, I have to give a HUGE thank you to Julie over at Teaching "Good" Eaters for my inspiration.  Last week, she linked up this post for a make your own salad, and since we had Taco Salad on the menu that night, I just knew I had to try it.  

So I got out the Christmas muffin cups, and started adding ingredients.  Everyone got their own gingerbread man full of cheese, we shared sour cream, and salsa, and the little ones each got their own lettuce and bean cups.  (Mom and Dad had their own already on their plates.)  Because I ran out of cups, I just put the rice and meat in bowls for everyone.
The children loved it!  They were so surprised and excited (That was Bitsy's actual reaction when she sat down to the table, and I was really glad I had the camera to take the picture!). 
Since my little ones will eat just about anything, this was really just more about having a fun family dinner, but I will say the children are not wild about lettuce, and they did in fact put some on their plates and eat it, which was very exciting!

Check out more Muffin Tin Meals here.

The Special K's(0:  – (December 12, 2011 at 9:38 PM)  

Can you say cool, or what??? I love this idea! Mmm, yummy, and now I really want to eat taco salad. You may have just helped me make my grocery list(0; Thank you!

kewkew  – (December 13, 2011 at 2:55 AM)  

Your Taco Salad muffin tin buffet looks great. Love your daughter's reaction.

Abby  – (December 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM)  

Special K's, that was about my daughters reaction! I hope you have a great dinner. :)

SnoopyGirl  – (December 13, 2011 at 11:16 AM)  

Love the taco salad muffin tin buffet. We had taco salad this week too. I have a recipe with two secret ingredients... coconut and pecans. They sound strange, but really add texture and flavor to the meal. I then top off the salad with fritos. Yum! Thanks for sharing your idea.

JDaniel4's Mom  – (December 13, 2011 at 5:01 PM)  

Yum! This is genius! I would love one these for lunch!

Julie@teachinggoodeaters  – (December 15, 2011 at 1:17 PM)  

I thought that I had commented on this the other day, but I'm not seeing my comment... anyways, thank you so much for the "shout out!" I love the idea of using this for taco salad and will definitely have to use it in the future! I love your daughter's reaction and also think it's great that your kids ate lettuce when presented in this way, even though they normally wouldn't!

Diana - FreeStyleMama  – (December 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM)  

I found you at Muffin Tin Meals and will now follow. There is also a weekly meme at Bento Blog Network. Each week has a theme and submissions are taken through Tuesday. This MTM would be perfect for this week's December Holiday's theme. Hope you come on over!!

Julie@teachinggoodeaters  – (February 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM)  

I finally got around to doing the muffin tin taco salads! They were a hit!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP