Near, Far, Wherever You Are

Have you ever read "The Runaway Bunny" by Margaret Wise Brown?  It's a precious story of a precocious little bunny, and how his mother shows him that no matter where he may go she will always search him out and find him.  In the end the little bunny decides he may as well just stay where he is, with his loving mother.

I would guess that between my children I've read it going on a hundred times now, but as I read it today I was really struck.  I thought about how mother's will go to the ends of the earth for their children.  How many of us literally walk "through the valley of the shadow of death" in bringing children into the world, how willing we are to care for our children, to sacrifice sleep, and dreams.

And as I pondered that, I thought about an even greater love.  I thought about the love of the Father, and the love of the Savior.  I thought of 1 Nephi 22:25, which tells us that:
"He gathereth his children from the four quarters of the earth; and he numbereth his sheep, and they know him; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd; and he shall feed his sheep, and in him they shall find pasture."

Our Father in Heaven loves us so much that He too will find us wherever we are, He will care for us, He will lead us, and He will love us.  There is no place to far, or to dark for Him to lift us out.  Rather than stray, maybe we should take a lesson from that little bunny, and just decide to stay with Him.

This post is part of the Book of Mormon Forum.  Jocelyn is also giving away a beautiful family tree as part of this month's blog hop, so leave me a comment, and then go let her know, so you can have a chance to win!

Tamara ♥ . .  – (January 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM)  

Love the comparison of the Father's love!!! Beautiful and timely :)

Abby  – (January 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM)  

Thanks Tamara, it was a timely lesson! :)

Jocelyn Christensen  – (January 25, 2012 at 8:42 AM)  

Really awesome post...simple testimony of God's love. I love that we refer to him as our Heavenly Father. For that is a role that he truly is most happy to be...our father! Lovely.

Karm  – (January 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM)  

We LOVE the Runaway Bunny in our home...I love the comparison to our Heavenly Father's love. I will think of that now every time I read it! Beautiful!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP