Snow Dough

Since I didn't put together a sensory bin or make play dough in December, and I was feeling to worn out to try to put anything together for January, when I saw this "cloud dough" last week, I was inspired.  This was a perfect combination of sensory bin and play dough, all in one container!
Our flour is in bulk in our food storage area, and everyone piled in to help.
The original recipe called for 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil, but since I didn't have any baby oil, we used vegetable oil instead.  We needed about a 1 1/4 cups of oil to make the dough a mold able consistency.  I wanted it to have a scent, and the little ones choose to add a little mint extract.
Finally we added some cotton "snow" balls, a few little snowflake buttons I had around, and some shovels for digging, and we've been having wintry fun ever since!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP