Week In Review: I Will (Part 2)

This week we continued our "I will" lessons, after enjoying a fun filled day with daddy on Monday.

We started the week learning to be happy, and singing one of my favorite songs, "Smiles".  Being happy came easy for the little ones during this school lesson, as I agreed to have school outside that day.

They loved using these little faces to turn frowns into smiles along with the song, and of course our lesson on happiness wouldn't be complete without a rousing round of "If You're Happy and You Know It."  Apparently our lesson on sharing last week really stuck, because at one point Bitsy was singing, "If you're happy and you know it share your smiles!"  Needless to say, Mommy was sharing lots of smiles!
On Wednesday we learned about reverence, and had a little coloring and cutting fun, with the handout from the Nursery Manual.  We also did some role playing around the house speaking, walking, and acting reverently.  We had marked improvement during our daily family devotionals, and at Church on Sunday!
Thursday and Friday's lessons were combined on Friday, because we had some unexpected changes with Daddy's work, and I spent some time catching up with old friends.  Unfortunately, then I didn't get any pictures of our fun, but I can tell you, playing "Follow the Leader" with a 3 and 5 year old, is pretty exciting!  We learned about the importance of following the prophet, and following Christ.  We specifically talked about following Christ's example in being baptized.

Saturday was grey and rainy, so we got out our Rainy Day Bingo cards again.  In my decluttering daddy came across some squirt guns from last summer, and had told the little ones they could play with them in the tub that evening, but since one of our bingo squares was to "wash a window" we decided to put them to immediate use!  If you ever want your children to wash your windows, this is the way to go!!!  Mine are crystal clear now!
We also talked about leap year, and that conversation wouldn't be complete without a little Leap Frog!  We also played hide and seek, but I couldn't give my position away by taking pictures.  :)
 There was also lots of loving on daddy, by little Lettie!
And since she didn't get in on much of the school action, I thought I'd throw in some of her eating action.  She gets really passionate about her oranges!!!  I love teaching good eating habits at a young age.
I have to say, I have really missed Five in a Row, but to see the changes that have come in my children's hearts over the last few months, and especially the last two weeks, has been such a beautiful lesson for me in the importance of following the Father's plan.  I could never have imagined this, but I am so grateful I stepped forward in faith!

Tamara ♥ . .  – (January 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM)  

Training a child's heart is worth more than gold. Love the cute picture of your little one eating the orange and snuggling with Daddy....precious!

Great way to get children to clean windows!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP