A Muffin Tin Teaching Moment

Our muffin tin consisted of grapes, raw broccoli, pears, cucumbers, peas, and celery with peanut butter.

Last weeks muffin tin served two purposes, the first was to provide healthy snacks to go along with our lessons about our bodies, but the second purpose was a fun way to share a character lesson.  I asked the little ones what they noticed about the food, and of course they answered that it was all green, but different.  So we talked about how we are all children of God with bodies He has given us, and yet we're each different.  We had a pretty long snack time discussion about how boring it would be if we were all exactly alike, just like it would be boring if all of the food on our tray was cucumbers, or pears, and how important it is to love one another despite our differences.

I feel more muffin tin lessons in character coming on!



Linking to: Muffin Tin Mom

Jdaniel4smom –   – (February 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM)  

What a wonderful way to discuss a special topic. Love it!

Abby –   – (February 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM)  

Thanks, it was a tender teaching moment for us! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Subject: [ahouseof] Re: A House of...: A Muffin Tin Teaching Moment

Julie@teachinggoodeaters  – (February 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM)  

Love this Abby! I just love how you find ways to incorporate teaching about character! I also love all the green foods!! We're busy planning our "Green Feast" for St. Patrick's Day- this meal would fit in well :)

All of a Kind Family  – (March 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM)  

Lovely lesson! I think my little ones would love some muffin tin meals. I need to get some muffin tins. Still praying for you and your family :)

Abby  – (March 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM)  

Thanks Julie! I hope your family enjoys all of the green foods, and maybe a little character lesson thrown in too. :)

Abby  – (March 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM)  

Thanks for all of your kind comments ladies, I'm sorry I'm so slow in responding, Disqus wasn't showing the comments, or emailing them to me. :(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP