A Snowy Night

Ever since our snow day, Bitsy has been begging to have another one.  I knew I didn't have it in me to pull off another full day, but when I saw Michelle's White Snow Bright Snow post, I was inspired, so I thought I'd give it another try.  This time we just went for a snowy evening.

As I started making dinner I asked the little ones to get in their warmest winteriest jammies.  I know I'm biased, but aren't they cute? 

While they were busy changing, I was busy putting together our snowman pizza.  We are not olive people so I had to get a little creative.  So we had a tomato scarf and eyes, a carrot nose, and some mushroom buttons.
He didn't melt as much as Michelle's did, (that was one of my favorite parts) but he did oblige me a little.  I'll post my crust recipe at the bottom.
We made a second pizza with mushrooms and pineapple, but I didn't use all of the pineapple, so I threw the juice and leftover pineapple into the freezer for a few minutes, along with a can of coconut milk.  While we waited for our pizza to cool I took the fruit and liquids out of the freezer and put them into the blender, to make our tropical snow drink.  There were no measurements, or exact amounts, but it sure tasted good.
To wrap our night up we had gotten lots of white packing paper in some boxes this week, so made it into balls, filled up a trash bag with the brown packing paper to make a fort, and had a snowball fight.
Lettie decided pretty quickly to get out of the way, and hide behind mommy's fort.  It wasn't terribly organized, or long lasting, but we did have a lot of fun.
The weather is getting a lot warmer now, so I don't think we'll be able to have any more snow time, but it's been a lot of fun while it lasted.  Now if only I could convince someone to make those Hot Cocoa Cookies Michelle showed, and send them to me...  I guess I better go get some marshmallows.  :)

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
2 cups warm water
4-5 cups whole wheat flour (you can use soft of hard wheat, but I prefer hard wheat for this)
2 1/2 Tbsp. yeast
2 1/2 Tbsp. sugar (whatever kind you use)
1 Tbsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a mixer with a dough hook.  Start with 4 cups of flour, and if the dough isn't leaving the sides of the bowl, add more until it does.  You can also add garlic, or dried herbs to the dough, we like a teaspoon or two of garlic powder, and some dried basil and oregano.

Knead for about five minutes until the dough is smooth and stretchy.  

Roll out on your pan, and add desired toppings.  Bake at 425 until the cheese is brown and bubbly, about 20-30 minutes.

I made the snowman pizza above, and an 11 1/2" x 16 1/2" pizza with one batch of dough.  It will make two 16" round pizzas.

All of a Kind Family  – (March 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM)  

Fun, fun, fun! Snow without the BRRRRR cold :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP