Project Completion!!

A few months ago I came across this FABULOUS tutorial on making a crayon roll.  What a perfect way to keep all of the crayons in order in our church bag.  (You know, the bag of things to keep the children quiet and listening.)  I wanted to make one... No I wanted to make three, because then there would be no arguing about whose crayon is whose. 

Well, last night I finally finished making them for my little ones, and I'm so excited! 
I had originally planned on making these to have ready for Christmas, but Christmas, got away from me, and so did my children's birthdays, so I decided Easter would be a good time to have them finished.  Thank goodness I finally met my own deadline.  :)

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a very fearful sewer.  My confidence has grown over the last year, but any time I start a sewing project I'm sure it's going end terribly.  I tell you this in case you are in some way overly impressed with my ability to make these.  They are really very simple, and Montserrat's tutorial is great.  Don't be afraid or intimidated, this is a perfect simple project that you and your children will love!

PlayDrMom  – (April 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM)  

I love the way your project turned out. The fabric you used is beautiful. I've seen this project and similar ones before ... but not being a sewer have never tried it myself. Your post gives me encouragement!
Thanks so much for sharing on the weekly Kids Co-Op linky!

Abby  – (April 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM)  

Thank you so much for your kind comment! I picked fabric that was personalized to each one of my children, and they loved them.

I hope you will give them a try and let me know how they turn out!

The Monko  – (April 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM)  

I'm so impressed you made three of these. I made one for a friends son last year and they take so much longer than you first think they will - i did make the mistake of doing one that held a 24 pack of crayons - never again!
yours look really lovely, i like the bright colours.
Found you on Kids Co-op

Abby  – (April 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM)  

A 24 roll is impressive! Making three was a little more work than I had anticipated, but the happy looks on little faces when they got them definitely made the effort worth it!

Thanks for stopping by.

Amie (Triple T Mum)  – (April 11, 2012 at 2:48 AM)  

Hi Abby. Would love to feature this on my Kids Co-op Showcase! Pop on over and grab your featured button. Post will go up on Thursday morning.

Abby  – (April 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM)  

Thanks Amie, I appreciate it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP