Sensory Bin Gone to Scotland (and green play dough too)

Since the month is almost half way over I decided it was time to finally put together a sensory bin, and make some fresh play dough.  Since we are learning about Scotland this month, and since I didn't have a clover anywhere in the house, I decided to make our sensory bin less St. Patrick's day, and more Scottish Highland.

I used a base of green peas, and then added in some gold pipe cleaners cut into pieces, and green stones from the craft store.
I added a "highland cow" (yes, I know it's not really a Highland) from our Piooneer toob, and some leftover wagon wheel pasta from our rainbow making, as well as some purple silk flowers to remind us of the fields of heather.
Finally just for fun I added in some yellow stones, and green and gold bead necklaces.  The little ones could hardly wait for me to finish taking the picture to dig in.
This month we made our play dough green, and added in a little gold glitter in honor of St. Patrick's day.  I added a sheep and cow cookie cutter, for our row of "Wee Gillis" and the little ones added the flower, and circle cutters.  I love that Bitsy added a flower to one of the circles she cut out, and then served it to me as a cupcake.  (Striking resemblance, don't you think?)  There are times when I'm not sure I want to go through the work of putting together the bins and play dough, and then we have a moment like that, and I'm sure it's all worth it.


Linking to Sun Scholars

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP