It's a Bird, It's a Plane...

It's supermom!?  Over the last few months I've thought about this concept of "supermom".  Since I've started blogging several very close friends and family members have expressed their surprise at all I do in a day or week.  Several have been in awe, and one or two have even called me supermom.  I have to admit, I cringe a little anytime anyone tells me how amazing it is that I do what I do.  Not because I don't appreciate the compliment, but because I worry that somehow I have become a discouragement to them.  

I do what I do because it is what the Father has put in my heart to do.  I do it because that is what is right for our family, and what the Father has given me strength to do.  His plan for you is different, His plan for your family is different.  Don't yoke yourself to the wrong yoke.

I never want to discourage anyone with what I write or share.  I want to encourage.  I want to bless other mother's with encouragement, ideas, and strengthen.  I don't show the temper tantrums, the unmade beds, or the times when I just want to give up, and it's not because they don't happen...  It's because I want to show motherhood and family life at it's happiest.  After all, the Savior said it best when He said, "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."  None of us needs to give the Adversary any help by discouraging anyone!
Through the years, the Father has sent amazing women and mother's into my life.  These women have encouraged me, loved me, cried with me, been patient with me, and have set an example for me.  They have each been a part of the Father's process of molding me and improving me.  These women epitomize Titus 2 and Proverbs 31.

Just last week the Father provided me with the opportunity to spend a few DAYS with one of these amazing friends.  (Hello, DAYS, usually I'm lucky if I can get a few minutes on the phone with someone, this time the Father gave me days!!!)  Our families found joy in being together, and I left rejuvenated and encourage once again.  I also left thankful for the Lord's providence, in providing this particular friend to me.  The story of how we met is absolutely the story of answered prayer and of God's power!

I want you to have the same amazing uplifting experience I have had because of the women the Father has sent into my life, so this week, in honor of Mother's Day and my amazing, uplifting trip I have asked a few of the women who have had such a profound influence on me to share their thoughts on motherhood with YOU!  This week I will share several guest posts with you, many of them from women who don't normally blog.  I am thrilled that they have agreed to share their thoughts with all of us, and I hope you are as blessed and uplifted as I am by them!

So join me this week, and let's lift each other up.  No super capes necessary!

Here's a list of this week's posts:
The Crossroads by Becca Evenson
Love Multiplies by Betty Gish
Children Don't Come With Instruction Manuals by Jaime Roberts
Mother's Day Reflections by Kelly Rosamond

Michelle  – (May 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM)  

Beautiful post ~ in more ways than one! You both look radiant! I agree with your post in so many ways ~ whatever is noble, of good report. . . dwell on these things! It helps me to focus on the good in our lives - even when, especially when life gets hard.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP