Sticking Together

I wanted to quickly share one of my favorite things that we've done as a family while I've been so absent from the internet.  Last month I read a blog series on Intentional Parenting, and when I saw the activity she suggested for day two, I couldn't wait to do it!

For Family Home Evening a few weeks ago we traced each of our hands, and took turns telling what we loved about one another.  On each person's hand I recorded what everyone else in the family loved about them, then we glued our hands together on a piece of cardstock, dated it, and put it up for display.  I love seeing it every day on the chalk board in our school room.

I wanted the date so I would remember what their little hands looked like at different ages, and now I'm glad I did, because I think this is going to become an annual family tradition.  I can't wait for the day when we have to use more pieces of cardstock because we have more little hands!!

JRoberts  – (May 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM)  

Your paper will have to get bigger too! :)

This is a great idea. Great FHE as well.

All of a Kind Family  – (May 28, 2012 at 3:13 PM)  

This is such a cute idea :) ...and I'm looking forward to watching it grow.

Mackenzie  – (June 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM)  

Abby, this is such a great idea. Thank you for sharing this on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back this week.
-Mackenzie
http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP