Momma's Sentimental Moment

Today my two oldest babies, Bitsy and Manly, took their first swimming lessons.  Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones but as I sat there watching them hold hands to get into the pool together I couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed by that moment. 

I wanted to capture the moment and hold on to it forever, not just because it was so sweet and precious, but because as I watched them they taught me so much.  Holding hands together they taught me that as long as we're a family we can do anything together.   
They were so curious about everything their teacher had to say.  I want our family to be just as curious about what our Father in Heaven has to say.  Have I taught them to always seek His wisdom through scripture, prayer, and promptings of the Spirit?
Bitsy couldn't wait to do everything she was asked.  In fact she was so excited she started flailing her little legs around while she was floating.  Am I that excited to follow my Heavenly Father?  Do I jump at the change to serve Him and follow where He leads?
Manly wasn't feeling much like being brave and floating, but when I told him if he did I would take his picture so daddy could see it he jumped into his teacher's arms.  My little man would do anything for his daddy!  Will I do ANYTHING to make my Father in Heaven happy?  Do I trust those He has sent to teach me enough to do as they've asked, even if it seems scary?
Before class finished they were each asked to hold their teacher's hands and jump into the pool.  They were both so willing.  They've helped me recommit to being willing to jump in with both feet, trusting that my Heavenly Father will keep me safe.  The smiles on their faces as they came out of the pool were incredible, and our reward in Heaven will be even greater.  

I thought I was taking my children to swim lessons today, but really the lessons were for me.  I'm grateful my children were willing to teach me by their precious examples.

All-of-a-Kind Family  – (August 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM)  

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this beautiful lesson you shared! My heart needed that today :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP