Pink or Green...and Ponderings of the Heart

I have been woefully absent from my blog for over a month now.  A few of you have even been concerned enough to email and make sure the baby and I are okay, and I assure you we are.  (I even intend on finally sharing whether we're having a girl or a boy!) 

Unfortunately a week after my last post our family experienced the very sudden and heart-breaking loss of my step-dad.  We had been given a time frame by doctors, but our grandpa never did much like following orders, and I guess he and the Lord worked out their own time frame.  We are grateful he was spared a great deal of suffering, and grateful that we can be together again in the presence of our Lord.  We are happy for him, but we grieve for ourselves. 

In our time of shock and grief, the Lord blessed us yet again with the unexpected return home of our daddy for a few days.  Daddy was granted emergency leave and surprised his little ones by coming home for one very glorious week.  More healing of hearts occurred during that week than I can describe.

So that explains two weeks of my absence, and to explain the rest of my absence I share some of my heart.  As I spent that week with my husband and children knowing just how limited our time was, and pondering over the sudden loss of my step-dad, I wanted to savor every moment.  I didn't want to worry about whether the picture turned out just right for the blog, or see what other people were sharing, I wanted to be with my family.  I wanted to be in the moment.  I realized that I didn't want to look back and wish I had spent more time with my family and less time sharing with the rest of the world. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy blogging, but I enjoy my family more, and more than ever they need my time and attention.  My children are living through months without their father, my husband is living months without his family, soon we will blessed with a new little spirit in our home.  This is my priority.  This is my focus. 

So that is where I have been, and that is where I will be.  I'll still be dropping in here from time to time, but I don't think I'll be going back to blogging several times a week.  This is not the season in my life for it.  The Lord has touched my heart and helped me see that.  I am grateful that He has used the recent experiences in my life to show me where to focus.
 
Now in case you're wondering what all of this has to do with green balloons, and if you've been patient enough to read to this point I am happy to announce that we are being blessed with a new little boy!

When we first found out we were having a new little one Bitsy and Manly spent a good deal of time trying to decide on a name.  Manly suggested things like "Toot" and "Truck" if it was a boy, to which Bitsy adamantly expressed her displeasure, but when he offered up "Green" she was thrilled, and since he had had such success with a color for a boy, he enthusiastically recommended "Pink" for a girl for which he was again commended for his genius.

The little ones revealed to our friends and family that we were having a boy by releasing the balloons from a box where they had been hidden.  Bitsy and Manly were overjoyed when they opened the box and discovered they are having a brother.  Don't worry, his name isn't Green!  
 

JRoberts  – (October 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM)  

Family time really is much more important than anything else isn't it?!

Know that my prayers continue to be with you and your family.

How exciting for your family to have another boy! (boys pretty much rock! ;D)

All-of-a-Kind Family  – (October 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM)  

I fully understand that precious family time! What a special moment with green balloons :)

Michelle  – (October 27, 2012 at 11:16 PM)  

Gotta follow your heart. ♥ Neat idea with the green balloons. :)

Jessie's Little Corner  – (October 31, 2012 at 1:17 PM)  

Oh that is so neat. Congrats on your new little son. I love you all and am so glad I got to spent some time with your cute little family going shopping.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP