Til The Last Shot's Fired

A very dear friend and I have recently been talking about praying for peace in our homes.  As we've both endeavored to be more purposeful about those prayers we've been amazed at how the Lord has answered.

In honor of Veteran's Day, and in honor of my husband our family will also begin praying for peace in the world and for those who serve our country so faithfully.

I'm short on words as I ponder over this this morning, but I think this song, by Trace Adkins and the West Point Glee Club, captures my heart pretty well.  



There are many wonderful versions of this song, but in honor of the Marine Corps' 237th birthday yesterday I chose this one.  Happy birthday to all of the Marines out there.  Thank you for your sacrifice! 
(If you are reading this in a reader or email you will need to come over to the blog to see the video.)

bwrightbrizee  – (November 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM)  

Lovely post - I've put it on Facebook and sent to the East NISH team. Adds to my emotions from last night's AFF activities!!

Chocolate on my Cranium  – (November 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM)  

Happy Veteran's Day! And thank you, Abby, and all other veteran wives who also serve and sacrifice so faithfully while your husbands are gone away serving the country.

All-of-a-Kind Family  – (November 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM)  

I'm sorry that it is taking me a while to visit, but I am so very grateful to all the Veterans and their families. The sacrifice is great and we truly treasure our freedoms.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP