90 Days in the Bible {Moving, Messes, and Family}






I mentioned earlier this week that I've joined a friend in reading the entire Bible in 90 days.  In the KJV that means 16 pages a day. 

With sixteen pages a day I knew there wouldn't be time for deep reflection on individual verses, and I'm not sure what I expected to get out of it, but I knew that there would be some enlightenment and inspiration.  I was unprepared for what I learned, and for the Lord's perfect timing in the lessons.

Only five days in I had read about messes, lots and lots of messes.  Siblings who couldn't get along, women angry and anxious, infertility, murder, and moving.  So much moving.  And in it all the Lord spoke to my heart. 

He helped me see that our family's aren't ever going to be perfect.  There's never going to be a time when we've "arrived".  It's always going to be messy, even when we're trying our best, because even the Lord's chosen prophets family life was messy.  


We're always going to be strangers, wandering, searching, trying to get to know our neighbors, trying to show them what God looks like through our actions.  Hoping that they will want to become like us as His followers, and that we won't abandon our ways to take on the ways of the world around us. 

But the beautiful part?  The beautiful part is that even in all of their mess the Lord still loved these families whose history we have recorded in scripture.  He still watched over them.  He provided arks, and sacrifices, and food, and clothing, and LOVE.  And in all of my messes He'll do the same thing.  No matter where He sends me, or what mistakes I make, He will still be faithful, and I want to be faithful too.

Jocelyn Christensen  – (January 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM)  

Excellent insight! I want to take back up with reading the standard works in one year...90 days for the bible sounds great!

Whispered Abundance  – (January 22, 2014 at 11:50 AM)  

Wow! I just love your insight! I would love to quote you on this in my post if you don't mind. Love this and needed to read this today :)

Michelle  – (January 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM)  

Excellent pondering, Abby! I often think of David, how he was considered righteous in all matters, except for the matter with Bathsheba... God still ranked him right up there and loved him dearly. Gives me hope!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP