A Snowy Day... or week!


 This week we finally had snow, and I was excited to pull out all of our winter books, and row "A Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats, and "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost and illustrated by Susan Jeffers.  After we read our books and ate our snow ice cream we took our learning outside for a while.  
 We looked at snowflakes on black and brown paper with our magnifying glass.  This was incredible!  I had never taken the time to really look at snowflakes before.  What beautiful creations.  (Incidentally, I had an awkward homeschool mom moment later in the week when I found the magnifying glass tucked into my pocket in the middle of Target.)  :)
 S's sweet face and flushed cheeks all bundled up made his mama smile.
 We walked with our toes pointing out, in, and then just all around.  We also tried to identify some of the tracks that small animal visitors left as well.
 Then we went sledding!  Fast and twirly...
Right into the bushes!

This week was a welcomed reminder that there is so much to learn when we just slow down and cuddle up.  The learning from the manuals was simple and wonderful, and allowed us time to go outside and make some memories too.  It's left my mama heart pondering on where we go from here with our school and how to slow it all down.

Whispered Abundance  – (January 28, 2014 at 1:07 AM)  

"Snow" much fun! Brings back memories our snowflake learning time. They are very unique to capture up close.

~missing our snow days!!!

Michelle  – (January 31, 2014 at 12:41 AM)  

Too funny about the magnifying glass. :) Lovely snowy day and wonderful captures! Love the toes pointing in and out and the bright rosy cheeks!

arianne  – (February 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM)  

I chuckled thinking of you in Target. My kids have gotten me excited about snow this year too. Although now I'm starting to ache for spring. I want to try the cranberry bread in your last post.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP