All Wrapped Up

It's hard to believe it's been a month since my last big update.  I'm not sure where the time's gone, but I'm thankful I captured some pictures along the way, otherwise it may all have been lost to the flurry of activity.  So here are the highlights.
 The three biggest children helped perform the Christmas story at church.
 We said see you later to our van.  It's currently on a ship somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, and we're hopeful for a reunion in early February.  The rental we've had for a month now is nicer than our van, and the kids have made several requests to switch them out.  LOL!
 We had a very nasty round of the stomach flu that happened to overlap with some out of town training for daddy.  (Seriously, three small children waking up at the exact same time to be sick, not fun!!!!)  Shortly before daddy left one of his friends from work dropped off the most amazing treats, which of course no one could eat.  Luckily he wrapped it in this amazing tissue paper and we could make some snowflakes to brighten our window while we convalesced.
 By the night daddy was coming home we were well enough to make cookies.  We read Jingle, The Christmas Clown by Tomie dePoala and then made the recipe in the back.  A HUGE thank you to my inspiring friend who posted about her family baking day.  It encouraged me to bake, and gave me the idea to put parchment under each work area, so clean up took me less than five minutes.  Which was necessary, because there was this...
 little guy to keep an eye on, along with...
 his sweet little sister.
 Pappy and Grandma through everyone an amazing science birthday party, so that I didn't have anything to pack, clean, or organize.  The kids, their friends, and cousins, had a great time!
 We went to the U.S. Botanic Gardens to see the train display, and the amazing decorations.  Reykja dear, this fairy house is for you. ;)
 And Tamara my friend, the family shot is for you.  The model of the Capitol is made entirely out of plant material!
 As was this cool train that the kiddos enjoyed immensely.
 During that same outing I took the three older children ice skating at the NGA Sculpture Garden Ice Rink.  It's always been on my list of things to do, and it was so fun to skate through the art with my sweet children.  E, and S impressed me because within 30 minutes they were both off of the wall and skating on their own.
 We met friends at the D.C. Temple to say our last goodbyes and enjoy the beautiful lights.
 In the Visitor's Center they had GORGEOUS Christmas trees!  I had to post this one with all of the flags, since our flag is right there at the top in the middle.  Can you see it?!
 All of that brought us to Christmas, and one last celebration for the year.
 Because just a few days later the tree was down, and everything we owned was put into boxes by the most amazing moving crew we've ever had.
 And that's it, all wrapped up and driving away on the very last day of 2015.  

It's hard to believe how much has changed in the last year, but it seems like the whole year has gone by as fast as December.  I'm grateful for the many friends who have encouraged me to come back to this space and start recording again.  I'm looking forward to "seeing you" again when we get to Montenegro.

... chasing slow  – (January 7, 2016 at 2:55 PM)  

Wow, I feel special getting that family picture! I cannot believe how grown up your children are :)

Oh my, I have emotions all over the place. I'm so excited for you. I know that this has been a very long prayer journey and I've been honored to be a part of praying and watching it all unfold. I wish I could see you off and give you another hug. I'm excited to see what you share from another country.

I'm glad that I inspired you to have a baking day and hope that you will make a tradition. It's one that even through all the trials (and we've had our share) is a constant.

Blessings on your new adventure!!! Counting down the days and have you on my prayer list.

bwrightbrizee  – (January 8, 2016 at 8:50 AM)  

And Grandma's personal favorite - three days of the children at her house while the packers "did their thing" - blessing times three (and five)!! :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP